All members of our staff have advanced degrees and professional certifications, and participate in all relevant professional associations.
Dr. George Harris - President
Dr. George Harris specializes in the areas of transit management, procurement, materials management, lean management, strategy and organizational analysis. He has established ways for companies to evaluate their organizational effectiveness. He has performed consulting and training services for clients in the food, electronics, metal fabrication, financial services, oil/gas, mining, human services, and capital equipment industries as well as for public sector clients.
Since 1992, Dr. Harris has been involved in a wide variety of consulting and training projects, as represented below:
- Completed full procurement systems reviews for over 120 rapid transit agencies in the United States.
- Completed over 500 strategic sourcing projects for clients resulting in over $1Billion in savings.
- Conducted training of over 20,000 unique participants in the areas of procurement, quality, project management, transit management, general management, negotiations and supply chain management.
- Performed supply chain and inventory management improvement consulting for private and public sector clients
- Conducted transit reviews for rapid transit agencies in the United States improving operations and operations/compliance as well as maintaining assets in a state of good repair (Triennial Reviews)
- Evaluated transit grants management and operational competencies for public sector clients
- Implemented zero-based budgeting approaches for clients in the public sector
- Conducted evaluations of manufacturing operations and assessment of make or buy decisions as well as global sourcing
- Subject matter expert in Federal Acquisition, Procurement (Including Strategic Sourcing and Category Management), Transit and Grants Management (Including DBE, Title VI), Lean Management, Manufacturing, Inventory Management and Supply Chain.
Dr. Harris holds a DBE in Management, along with a BSBA from Georgetown and an MBA from George Washington University.
Philippa Drew - Analyst
Philippa Drew has managed and delivered a wide range of performance improvement projects in both the USA and UK. This has included modeling future demand, process redesign and developing new organization operating models.
Philippa has performed FTA Triennial, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Title VI and Procurement System Reviews and provides technical assistance to transit grantees to improve compliance. Philippa has delivered contracting compliance reviews for other Federal agencies, and has conducted training programs on a range of topics, including Customer Service. She recently designed a FTA Subrecipient Monitoring Program, and a Training Resource Guide for transit agencies.
Philippa is a skilled project and program manager with particular interest in customer insight and demand management. She holds an MA from Cambridge University, UK
Francisco Morales, Esq. - Analyst
Francisco Morales is a member of the FTA Triennial Review team, and additionally works on a variety of performance improvement projects in the private and public sectors.
Prior to joining Calyptus, Francisco was a practicing attorney for over four years and a legal and operations consultant for an education consulting start-up company based in Cambridge, MA.
Francisco holds a B.A. from Amherst College in Amherst, MA, a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, MA, and a Certificate from HBX|Harvard Business School in Cambridge, MA.
Ellen Harvey - Program Associate
Ellen Harvey Is the Calyptus Associate, responding to requests for proposals and quotes, providing analysis support, helping clients with training needs, and overseeing the training portfolio. Ellen previously worked in the humanitarian and international development sectors managing project development. She most recently worked with the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime in Jerusalem and with a non-governmental organization in Pakistan and South Sudan. She holds a Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy from The Fletcher School.
Shelly Harris - Administrative Manager
Shelly Harris is the Administrative Manager at Calyptus. She handles the billing, invoicing, and accounting for all clients. She provides internal office support for Calyptus employees, including Human Resources responsibilities. Shelly manages contracts, modifications, and insurance certifications. She is responsible for scheduling and time management. She provides marketing and proposal support. Additionally, she handles event planning & outreach for the company.
Shelly has worked previously with various non-profit agencies, specializing in outreach, event planning and grant management. She holds an MSW from Boston University School of Social Work, specializing in Non-Profit Management & Education.